Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Spring at the beach

and the impromptu photo shoot

Last weekend, my boyfriend and I took a little trip to Seaside, Oregon. We stayed at the historic Gilbert Inn, which I would highly recommend if you have a healthy appreciation for history and nostalgia as I do. The house was built in 1892 and is in incredible shape. The interior is gorgeous, with antique furnishings and charming decor that make you feel as if you are stepping back in time.

We walked up and down the streets checking out the shops, eating delicious food and spent nearly all of Saturday in an arcade. On the walk back to the Inn, I asked him to take a few pictures of me. This was the result.

T-Shirt: Lucky Brand via Macys, Pants: American Eagle

Sandals: "Reno" by Me Too via Nordstrom (clearance!)
Sunglasses: Ellen Tracy via Ross, Necklace: Gift via Macys 

Things started getting a little less scripted

Approaching the camera

Trying to grab the camera back
My ear.
"Are you serious?!"
So this is what happened: I was posing nicely for pictures then decided to have fun and jump around and be silly. Then, when I was done and going to retrieve my camera from my boyfriend he decided to have some fun of his own. He continued taking picture after picture of me trying to get my camera back from him (he is a full foot taller than I am). The result was playful protests and lots of laughter from me, as you can see above. :)

Thanks for the fun and the photos, T.

2 comments:

  1. Very much enjoyed your photo of you jumping on the beach. It really conveys the joy we often feel when visiting the beach. Enjoyed finding your blog and your posts. Seaside is a wonderful destination. The north Oregon coast has many other wonderful places to visit. Astoria is a fun, artsy community that's undergone a tremendous revitalization. There's lots to do and see, whether a couple or a family. Looking for a treat? Try the Cannery Pier Hotel. Blue Scorcher Bakery is a wonderful breakfast (or lunch) spot. Astoria Coffeehouse and Bistro is one of our favorite restaurants in town.

    Of course, Cannon Beach is a favorite destination. Wonderful choices in accommodations and restaurants abound. And terrific shops. Try Castaways for a terrific dinner. Bill's Tavern also serves families and their onion rings are great. Don't miss Ecola State Park for great tide pooling.

    Farther south is our favorite, Manzanita. It's become the destination spot for those seeking a quieter beach town that's both quirky and charming. Don't miss Bread and Ocean for fabulous breakfasts and lunches, Left Coast Siesta for a yummy, healthier version of fast Mexican food where you'll find fresh, homemade ingredients, and Blackbird for a dinner treat.

    You'll find these and many more wonderful options on the north Oregon coast. Of course, Seaside is terrific too! The Houses On Manzanita Beach, www.VacationRentalsManzanita.com

    ReplyDelete