Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Birchbox June 2014

Away We Go! June Birchbox

Loving the lipstain


Cynthia Rowley Beauty - Creamy Lip Stain "Valentine"
Upon realizing my July Birchbox will arrive in one week, I thought I should probably catch you all up on what goodies I received in June! The theme was "Away We Go"with samples of items you would want to take with you on your summer getaway. Here are my thoughts on what was included:
  • Cynthia Rowley Beauty - Creamy Lip Stain "Valentine." Remember the silver eyeliner I loved in April's Birchbox? This month I got a sample of their long-wearing lipstain. I never heard of Cynthia Rowley Beauty before Birchbox and it is quickly becoming one of my favorite lines. The lipstain is shiny like a gloss without being sticky and lightly (or darkly depending on how heavy your application) colors your lips. My favorite item this month!
  • The Aloe Source - Vitamin C Antioxidant Creme. The best thing about this antioxidant-rich hydrating creme is the yummy smell of oranges and aloe. My skin felt smooth and happy after application -- especially after a day in the sun.
Antica Farmacista body wash, Evologie face cleanser, Phylo hair serum
  • Antica Farmacista - Bermagot & Ocean Aria Body Wash. I took the body wash with me on my most recent trip home to see my family. It is made with sweet almond oil. I wish I could say it smelled great or was super moisturizing; but this body wash was not a standout in any way. Pass.
  • Evologie - Stay Clear Cleanser. I enjoyed using this nondrying, blemish-fighting face wash. It lathered well, rinsed easily and left my face feeling clean, not slick or tight.
  • Phyto - Phytolisse Ultra-Glossing Finishing Serum. This silky serum is great for taming flyaways, boosting shine and calming frizz. I put it in my hair after towel-drying and it helped my hair stay smooth and manageable all day. My favorite thing about the serum is it didn't weigh down my hair or make it feel greasy. Great product!
Do you subscribe to Birchbox? Tell me what you thought about your products!

2 comments:

  1. I chose Valentine as my sample for July because I loved my sample of Sugar so much! My favorite item, too. :)

    Chloe | Wanderlust in the Midwest

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to subscribe to birchbox but stopped after a while because it was mostly stuff I had no interest in. I've been seeing some great boxes pop up lately though! Maybe I need to resubscribe.

    ReplyDelete