Monday, April 21, 2014

Birchbox April 2014

Rainy Days?




The theme for this month's Birchbox is "Rainy Days," but Seattle has actually had some incredible weather lately! As I write this, it's only partly cloudy and the temperature is hovering in the upper-50's. I am loving it!

One of the items in the box is a tip card with a Bright Idea for a Rainy Day. I got tip #15: "We love museums on rainy days -- and so does everyone else. Avoid crowds by going early, then leave for an indulgent brunch at the peak noontime hour." It's a nice addition, but not really a value-add in my opinion. 

Here's what I thought of the other items in this month's Birchbox:
  • Color Club - Gala's Gems Collection, Heirloom Pearls. This white nail polish was created with style blogger Gala Gonzalez. The color goes on beautifully, smooth and has the nicest shimmer.
Gala's Gems Collection - Heirloom Pearls
  • Cynthia Rowley Beauty - Silver Eyeliner. I'll be honest, when I first saw they sent me silver eyeliner I thought, what the heck? Silver eyeliner isn't something I had ever tried or wanted to try. But...I love it! Just one line above my eyelid makes my eyes pop! It's so fun, too. This is exactly why I wanted to subscribe to Birchbox -- so I could be introduced so sample-size items I probably wouldn't normally buy and through that find new favorites.
Cynthia Rowley Beauty - Silver Eyeliner
  • theBalm Cosmetics - How 'Bout Them Apples? Cheek & Lip Cream. The packaging on this dual-purpose, creamy stain for cheeks and lips is super cute. I have it on in the picture above so you can see it is a peachy-pink color with a hint of shimmer. While I think it's pretty, the taste and smell remind me of Crayola crayons. It's a little off-putting.

theBalm Cosmetics - How 'Bout Them Apples? Cheek & Lip Cream
theBalm Cosmetics - How 'Bout Them Apples? Cheek & Lip Cream
  • Fekkai - Technician Color Care Shampoo. This hydrating shampoo is just what my recently-bleached hair needs. I only wish I could pair it with it's proper conditioner to get the full effect.
  • KIND Snacks - Healthy Grains Bar, Maple Pumpkin Seeds with Sea Salt. Ohmygosh. This is the best sweet/salty, just-crunchy-enough, mashup of yumminess I've ever had in a snack bar. I will buy a box as soon as possible.
The winner for this month is the nail polish by Color Club and Gala Gonzalez! There is a set of four available on Birchbox for $13! When my April shopping ban is over, I may just start here. :)


4 comments:

  1. I love that nail color! And what did you say? A shopping ban? What is this you are talking about?? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. The nail color looks great! And I'd love to use the silver liner on my waterline. It looks like it definitely made your eyes pop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your review! I've always wanted to try Birchbox but fear I wouldn't like the products. I may just try it now! Thanks for sharing!

    StushiGal Style
    http://www.stushigalstyle.com

    ReplyDelete