Monday, March 4, 2013

Seeing spots at Green Lake

All kinds of exploration!



My shopping moratorium ended March 1 and the next day I went to Target and set myself free in the clothing section. I walked through the aisles of clothing, hands outstretched feeling the fabric brushing against my finger tips. Colors! So many colors! And textures and patterns and so many polka dots! It must be approaching spring time. :-)

You may noticed I bolded, underlined and italicized that phrase. It's because polka dots are my new favorite thing and I'm having a hard time reigning in my excitement at how in style they are right now.

This is an outfit I put together to go to Green Lake on Sunday with one of my oldest and dearest friends. She lives not far from there and we spent the afternoon walking around the lake, getting coffee and frozen yogurt, and talking about everything just like we've been doing since we were little girls walking around Carrie Blake Park in our hometown. Love you, Jo. :-)

Polka dots and red leather!

Glorious sunshine breaking through the clouds at Green Lake

The sun starting to set on the Seattle skyline
Jacket: Zara, purchased second hand. Polka-dot tank: Target (new!). Jeans: American Eagle thrifted from Value Village

Surprise picture

I love the length of the tank top paired with the jacket

Red lips, red jacket

Trying out a faux-hawk inspired ponytail. A little sloppy but it's totally different from my normal look. Earrings: Maurices

Both the makeup and hair are very different looks for me. I went with gold eyeshadow, no eyeliner and red lipstick. The hair is basically tons of backcombing and teasing on top, slicked back on the sides and secured in a ponytail with a regular hairband.

Exploring new looks and Green Lake was lots of fun this weekend and I look forward to doing it again next weekend when I meet up with Jessica from Jump Into Puddles in Queen Anne!

1 comment: