Friday, May 3, 2013

Weekend assignment

A fashion for charity event!


It's Friday! I hope you're as excited for the weekend as I am. Not only is the weather going to be gorgeous; but I'll be spending Saturday afternoon at the Westfield Southcenter Trends for Treehouse event! Westfield Southcenter invited me to cover the event and -- fingers crossed -- I will get the opportunity to meet Darcy Camden from Styled Seattle.

For the last few months, I've followed Darcy on Twitter and thoroughly enjoyed her fashion banter. I think she is the perfect stylist for Westfield SC to feature at the event. I look forward to hearing all about the latest trends from Darcy during one of the stylist seminars.

All ticket sales go to benefit Treehouse, a non profit organization that helps foster children get access to education, basic material needs and social experiences. On their website, Treehouse says they do this to "help kids in foster care discover their own resilience and strength."

Both my sets of grandparents opened their homes to foster children when my parents were young. I also had a couple friends growing up who were in the foster care system. I believe it is important society does all it can to help these children, who are going through trauma most of us can't imagine, get all they need to become healthy, productive adults.

If you are looking for something to do on Saturday and love fashion, makeup and wine as much as I do, please consider spending $20 on a ticket to this event. It will benefit you and foster children! Win-win!

No comments:

Post a Comment