Friday, May 10, 2013

What's on trend?

What I learned at Trending for Treehouse


Add a belt to your outfit!

I realize I went to the Trends for Treehouse event at Westfield Southcenter Mall almost a week ago and am JUST now writing about it; but can you blame me? With the gorgeous weather we've had recently, the last place I want to be is at my computer. I'm sure you understand. :-)

For the event, which benefited the Treehouse charity for foster children, I wore a Rachel Roy dress from Macy's, Steve Madden wedges from Macy's (I didn't get a picture but trust me they are cute!), and a belt from JCP.

Mirror selfie!
Hello Spring, indeed! Look at those colors!
 
One of my favorite looks

Darcy Camden, founder of Styled Seattle, and lead stylist Sherri Garcia led the audience through this season's trends with the help of a dozen beautiful women of all shapes, sizes and ages. With a great stage presence and fun approach to giving style tips, Darcy shared some real jewels during the event including how to do a braided scarf tie. (Will feature a tutorial on here soon. It's my new favorite!)

Here are some of my notes from the fashion show:
 
Don't be matchy-matchy with scarves. Pick ones that aren't the same as the rest of your outfit as far as pattern and color.
Yellow is in, along with floral prints and polka dots.
Black and white with a pop of color is very on trend right now.
When you wear a coat, it is your outfit. Don't get a black coat. Get a colored trench coat instead.
To belt a cardigan, button the top two buttons then belt over them to create a high waist.
Belt everything.
Denim button-down shirts are a must-have.
Lace is huge right now. Lace crochet shorts with ankle boots is an especially cute look.

After the fashion show I went to the VIP lounge for a glass of wine, a mini cheesecake, a chicken salad and a huge bag full of goodies. I am telling you they packed that thing full of presents well worth the $25 ticket to get in! Perfume samples, lotion samples, coupons, gift cards and even a cute bracelet were included.

Next, I went to Macy's where I had scheduled a mini-facial with Philosophy. I walked away with far more than a super clean face, though. The ladies in the Macy's cosmetic department introduced me to a new makeup line called Inglot, which I will feature in an upcoming blog post.

I also discovered Too Faced cosmetics and got a tutorial on how to use their Natural Face palette.



Ta-Da!

I had way too much fun at Southcenter on Saturday, obviously. Thank you so much to Westfield Southcenter for inviting me out and for hosting an event that not only benefits such a great charity but also helps us all look and feel good!

No comments:

Post a Comment