Saturday, January 5, 2013

Because I don't wear leggings as pants

Boots: Guess from DSW, Skirt: Forever 21, Leggings: Ross, Earrings: Target, Bracelet: Kohl's

Sweater thrifted from Value Village
This cozy sweater stood out to me a couple weeks ago when I was browsing at Value Village. It fits great but is just a tiny bit too short to wear alone with leggings.

I'm a member of the "Leggings Are Not Pants" party.

At least, for women built like me. If you've got long, lean, legs then cool. Go for it. But I don't need anything drawing more attention to to my 28-inch inseam or *cough* birthing hips *cough*. I'd rather they look at my hair or something. So, I wore a black skirt from Forever 21 over the leggings to add length/coverage.

Anyway, this outfit is comfy and cute (two of my favorite things). I wore a couple pieces of sparkly jewelry (new earrings from Target, a bracelet from Kohl's that was a gift from a friend, and my wedding ring, duh!) to break up the overall darkness of the ensemble.

What is your opinion of leggings as pants?

3 comments:

  1. I don't wear leggings as pants either, in my opinion they don't... um... "leave much to the imagination"? LOL. They are great for shaping, wearing as a layer under a cute skirt, dress, or even a long-ish shirt (preferably long enough to cover my backside).
    PS. I'm getting all sorts of great ideas from your blog ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you! Leggings aren't pants. I always wear them with a long sweater, tunic, or short dress. It's not about being a prude. I'll wear a bikini. But leggings, like you said, aren't pants. Can I join your party? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree! Yes, you can join my party :-)

      Delete