Wednesday, January 30, 2013

My grandma cardigan

Scarf: Crocheted by me! Cardigan: Forever21, Dress as a skirt: Target, Leggings: Ross

It's not as old as it looks

The first time I wore this cardigan, my coworkers asked if it was my grandma's or had belonged to my mom when she was young -- and they were being serious. No, it isn't. But thanks? I don't know...

I found this flower-covered cardigan at Forever21 over the summer and only had the guts to wear it once until recently. Today, I wore it with the off-white lace dress I bought at Target a couple weeks ago and have featured in a couple blogs already. It's just so easy to style!

Lace dress from Target as a skirt

Yesterday, I felt lazy because I am still recuperating from my Sunday sickness. I wore jeans, a sweatshirt and tennis shoes. My day got off to an awful start when my car broke down on the side of the road during the morning commute. It didn't get much easier from there.

My theory today was that if I dressed up more maybe my day would go better. It worked. :-)

Hair pulled back in a french braid
Maybelline lipstick to match the flowers
I made this scarf!
OH! Let me tell you about these booties I got at DSW last week. They started off at a great price ($65, down from regular $85) but were an additional 40 percent off. Great deal! Unfortunately, the cashier forgot to ring up the additional 40 percent so I ended up paying the full $65. When I realized it two days later I went back to the store, with the shoes on, and the very same cashier helped me out and refunded me $28. She was very apologetic and kind. Thanks DSW!

Cute!
I wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone who reads my blog! It's so much fun to "meet" new ladies who are also interested in fashion and lifestyle blogging. Several people have also told me they'd love to go shopping with me because of all the amazing finds I post! That is so awesome to hear! Even though I've only been blogging for two months, 4,000 view is just around the corner and I couldn't be more excited to see where this journey takes me and what I can share with all of you!

Check back Feb. 1 for a post about a huge personal project on which I am about to embark! I'm slightly nervous but also excited for a challenge. :-)


4 comments:

  1. super pretty outfit.
    follow back, if you like ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE "grandma" sweaters and cardigans! I wear mine until they have holes in them! :) I especially like yours, the flowers are super cute.

    ~ Cari

    lesweettooth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! I really like it, too. I don't wear it very often, though, because it is kind of noisy. I need to work on incorporating it into more outfits :)

      Delete